Job Title: Architectural Technician
Reports to: Nick Clewer – Director
Nominal hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Align Architecture Philosophy:
Align is a design-led, client focused multi-sector architectural practice. We listen, prepare and deliver innovative solutions to achieve our clients’ needs and aspirations.
Our work covers 4 main areas:
- Architecture, with design driven solutions tailored to our clients’ needs: We focus on delivering design-led quality and inspiration on all our projects. We strive to provide the highest professional service with best practice and creativity at all times and ensure our clients remain at the heart of the process.
- Construction, we deliver buildings of the highest quality and value: We create strong and productive working partnerships with all members of the project team will bring the best outcomes for our clients. We deliver buildings to achieve our clients’ budget, timescale and programme needs.
- Refurbishments, evolving and reinventing with innovative and creative solutions: We offer a personal and collaborative approach. By working closely with our clients we can ensure your refurbishment and fit out requirements can be met and aspirations exceeded with creative and cost considered solutions.
- Interior, with distinct designs to create the right environment: Our strength lies within our ability to understand that every client has a unique set of needs which informs our design approach. We view each project as a true collaboration between the designer and client.
To successfully deliver creative and original design across diverse projects, supporting and developing the company’s capability to deliver spectacular concepts
Main Purpose of Job:
Align Architecture is looking for a Architectural Technician. This challenging and stimulating role will include working on several areas on a wide variety of projects, from creative ideation to live delivery and execution. As well as working on events there will also be the opportunity to work on more traditional construction projects.
- Proven previous portfolio of being able to work on projects throughout all RIBA stages and in particular in delivery within RIBA Stages 4-7
- Proven track record of using AutoCAD and having a sound knowledge of UK
Building Regulations to produce working drawings
- A good understanding of the CDM Regulations 2015
- Meet with other professionals and clients as required;
- To work accurately to meet deadlines, collectively working in sync with the Align team members and other external consultants
- To be up to date with the latest regulations regarding Planning and Building to plan packages and create submissions
- To implement and manage any issue tender packages
- Contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures;
- Contribute to the detailed design process and coordinate design information as part of a team;
- Laisse with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval;
- Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
Key Skills required:
- 2-3 years’ experience in the multi sectors
- Exceptional time management, planning and meticulous attention to detail
- A can-do attitude combined with passion, energy, care and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 3D modelling skills working with Sketchup and/or other design packages Qualifications required: Ideally CIAT
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org