Job Title: Part Il Architectural Assistant
Reports to: Nick Clewer – Director
Nominal Hours: Mon — Fri 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Align Architecture Philosophy:
Align is a design-led, client focused multi-sector architectural practice. We listen, prepare and deliver innovative solutions to achieve our clients’ needs and aspirations.
Our work covers 4 main areas:
- Architecture, with design driven solutions tailored to our clients’ needs: We fOCUS on delivering design-led quality and inspiration on all our projects. We strive to provide the highest professional service with best practice and creativity at all times and ensure our clients remain at the heart of the process.
- Construction, we deliver buildings of the highest quality and value: We create strong and productive working partnerships with all members of the project team will bring the best outcomes for our clients. We deliver buildings to achieve our clients’ budget, timescale and programme needs.
- Refurbishments, evolving and reinventing with innovative and creative solutions: We offer a personal and collaborative approach. By working closely with our clients we can ensure your refurbishment and fit out requirements can be met and aspirations exceeded with creative and cost considered solutions.
- Interior, with distinct designs to create the right environment: Our strength lies within our ability to understand that every client has a unique set of needs which informs our design approach. We view each project as a true collaboration between the designer and client.
To successfully deliver creative and original design across diverse projects, supporting and developing the company’s capability to deliver spectacular concepts
Main Purpose of Job:
Align Architecture is looking for a Part Il Architect. This challenging and stimulating role will include working on several areas on a wide variety of projects, from creative ideation to live delivery and execution. As well as working on events there will also be the opportunity to work on more traditional construction projects.
- Meet with other professionals and clients as required;
- Develop project briefs and work on these as the project progresses;
- Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues,
- Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues; Contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures;
- Assess what surveys (e.g. land surveys) are required before work can commence and ensure such surveys are undertaken and their results are fed into the project; Prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and other design software, as well as traditional drawing methods;
- Contribute to the detailed design process and coordinate design information as part of a team;
- Laisse with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval;
- Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
- Prepare and compile copy for proposals and presentations as required
Key Skills required:
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances whilst being a team player
- Exceptional time management, planning and meticulous attention to detail
- A can-do attitude combined with passion, energy, care and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent working with Adobe software including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 3D modeling skills working with Sketchup and/or other design packages
Qualifications required: Part Il Architecture degree
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org